Sunday, June 11, 2006

And now, we wait... again.


EPISODE 12: Kaisha

After feeding us Johnnycakes for more than half of this season, the cupboard was bare in last week's Sopranos finale. We knew it was coming, though, didn't we? Truthfully, I have re-watched the finale several times this past week mining for something, anything (aside from AJ's Rican's sweaty shoulder blades), I might have missed that would change my mind... no such luck. In fact, I can't remember an entire episode from this entire season, other than Mayham, that would even enter a discussion of my Top 10 favorite episodes of the series. Mayham, in case you're wondering, would probably be in my Top 5, and is, in my opinion, the only truly great episode of this entire season. So, yeah... I've got some negative feelings toward The Sopranos right now. I'm tired of saying that bad Sopranos is better than almost any other good TV. I shouldn't have to justify Chase's indulgences just to retain my "True Sopranos fan" badge of honor.

*****

Federico Castellucio (Furio) apparently agrees that Chase has overestimated the goodwill he has banked with fans of the show.

*****

NOT LIKELY TO BE WHACKED SOON UPDATE:

Chrissy and Johnny Sack have signed on to appear in all 8 episodes next season.

*****

On a positive HBO note, Entourage returns tonight... It's waiting for me on Tivo while I watch the Mavs punish the Heat. Is anyone else hoping to see more of Ari and Lloyd rubbing shoulders in the Fast and the Furious prop car? The "Ari McGuire" episode where he got fired last season was a riot!

If you don't know, now you know...

No comments: